Elder Swartz

Elder Swartz

Monday, March 4, 2013

Oct. 29, 2012

Hey everyone!

So this week has been a really good one! We have been building our area really slowly. When we got in, nothing was happening at all! But now we have a few progressing Inv. and we got a baptismal date with Elena. She should be getting baptized in 3 weeks, as long as she gets her answer! I'm sure it will happen IF she jsut does what we tell her to do! haha! All too often a person doesn't get their answer because they fail to do their abc's! 

I didn't really feel like anything happened this week that was like... super huge or anything... Oh! We had 6 dinner appointments THIS WEEK!!! That is more than I've probably had on my entire mission combined! haha! I don't even know how it happened, but I wasn't complaining! I've yet to eat anything that was absolutely terrible. The only thing I had a hard time with was these pickled tomatoes with pickles that I had to force down, but even then, I didn't have to eat very many. Supposedly there's only one Russian dish that missionaries have a tough time with called Holodyets, but I've yet to even see it. I would like to try it eventually... maybe... The other food here is way good though! But, you do start to miss the food from the motherland. 

My companion and I are preparing for the winter. The temperature is dropping... slowly, but steadily. I'm sure it's going to hit randomly and drop a ton, but I would guess that's not for a bit. Those pictures that dad took of the fall in Utah were so good! The fall is really pretty there! I have forgotten how beautiful of a place in which we lived! So many people all over the world would give anything to live where we do!! I won't go on another "the people here are so poor" tangent again, but that's what it makes me think of. 

So yesterday after church, we helped the branch presdient with some stuff and we were about to leave when we realized our phone was missing. We searched the entire branch building, but could find it anywhere. This. is. very. bad. We searched everywhere again, but again could not find it. The phone was on silent because we didn't want it going off in church, so calling it was useless. I kept having this feeling that it was in sister Connell's bag, a senior couple missionary who came to our meeting that day, but it didn't make any sense that she would have it, so I continued to look in pockets and drawers and cupboards, However, the thought wouldn't leave, and so I took it for a spiritual prompting. Unfortunately, I didn't have her number, so I couldn't get a hold of her anyway, but then I realized I had the Penza phone memorized because I had been there for so long, so I call it and was able to get all the numbers I needed, other than sister Connels! haha! So we called the Zone leaders and they called sister Connel. Sure enough, she had it and we had to go all the way to Samara to get it... haha! Oh boy, that killed our day yesterday, but it was a really cool experience with listening to the spirit that I won't forget! 

Something way sad this week was that Zhenya, the ward mission leader who's been a member for 12 years now, decided that he doesn't want anything to do with us anymore and said he wouldn't come to church anymore. We dropped by him, and he shut the door in our face without even saying anything. That was super sad, and SUPER frustrating! I wanted to pound on his door and yell at him for throwing away his salvation! I didn't... but we wrote him a note telling him that we were sad and confused at his decision... He must have got pretty offended at something, because it was really sudden. Hopefully everything will be able to be smoothed out soon! This branch is struggling so much. I love the members, and it makes me so sad to see the really good strong ones having such a hard time keeping it alive.

Ooh! I have to get off the computer!

Loves!

Elder Skvortz!

No comments:

Post a Comment