Elder Swartz

Elder Swartz

Monday, March 4, 2013

Nov. 26th, 2012

So this week's been wonderful!

Elena, our new convert, is doing awesome! She is going to be one of the best members in the Branch! So this friday, our district here got to go over to the Sartori's and have a huge thanksgiving dinner with them and some senior couples. My companion and I were in charge of potatoes and we threw in a peach cobler that was pretty much the best. haha! The garlic potatoes were also way good. The Sartori's made a turkey and a TON of rolls, which you never get here! They were soo good. I had about 20 rolls. The turkey was way good, I have no idea where they found it... haha! We were so lucky, because in a lot of cities in the mission, you don't get anything for thanksgiving. Last year that's what happened, other than an activity at the branch. But this year we ate all we wanted. It was such a wonderful feeling! haha! Eating all the tukey and potatoes you want! I haven't had that in TWO YEARS! how crazy! haha! Hey, next year, I don't want Rachel and Chris and David and Amber to go to the other parents! I want them to come to ours! It's a special occassion! Mary and I will both want that I'm sure. obviously that's just us being selfish, but still! With all the holidays going on, it's hard not to think about home. Obviously I'm not getting distracted, but it's harder this time than it was the first time. haha! 

Happy Birthday Chelsi and Chris! I haven't forgot about you just yet! And sorry to anyone else that I forget to shout out your birthdays, It doesn't mean I don't love you, it just means you need to write more! haha!

Hmmm... So things are going well in our area, Novokuibishevsk is a fun place, but there are a lot of people here who are... different. Many of the members are legitimately insane and have or are going to psych wards. So It's hard to get people to think our church is "cool" when they come to activities. haha! The members are such blessings though, but my companion and I (and all the normal members) are super happy that we baptised someone who isn't going to a psychiatrist. This last branch activity we had, it was us, 6 mentally insane members, and 2 mentally insane people who just showed up randomly. It was weird. That is how I spent my thanksgiving... in a room of crazy people trying to get them to play pictionary... I love this branch. Well, that's about it. I'm out of time! I love you all!

Love, Elder Swartz.

No comments:

Post a Comment