Elder Swartz

Elder Swartz

Monday, March 4, 2013

Feb. 10th, 2013

Hello family and friends!

So this week has been a really fun one and interesting one. Being in Penza again is awesome! I love these people so much! The members here are such incredible people! Also, it's fun to see Stas and Lena as strong members now and not just investigators that you're worried about all the time. It's weird to be in the other area and not be able to visit the members that I could before because they aren't in my boundaries, but it's exciting to visit different ones that I could never visit before! The area was supposedly dead for a long time, and then suddenly right before I came it exploded, so instead of coming into an empty area with nothing to do, I've been trying to juggle al the people and teaching records, what makes it harder is that while the transfer was happening, the phone for this area got lost, so they gave me a new phone with... no numbers on it. So that really makes things difficult.  But I'm starting to get ahold of things, so it's going okay.

so I was right about getting the Native companion. He's not from Belarus though, he's from Moldova. It's part of the Romania/moldova mission. He speaks Romanian, Russian, and English fluently, so... yeah. He's a funny guy and really filled with energy. He's been teaching me Romanian phrases, hopefully I'll be able to pray and stuff in Romanian soon! haha! He's really kind and always filled with compliments, but it's going to be weird helping him to get used to missionary life, especially here in our mission. He's always talking about how in his mission missionaries were allowed to do "this", or he always did "that" with the missionaries. Hopefully he'll understand that we simply have a stricter standard for the work, and not that President Sartori is just "no fun" He seems to be okay with it so far, but even now, he gets pretty tired or  discouraged really easily after he's made like, 2 phone calls... haha! He'll get used to it though!

So apparently I'm missing out on a trip to California...? darn. Oh well, I think I'll be okay with my own neighborhood when I get back anyway. Mary! Congratulations on your family of like, 80 people wanting to get baptized! That's so cool! I wonder what it would be like, to be serving in Peru and having people just begging to be baptized...

Well, I have to go! I love you all! Thanks for your support, if I forgot to answer any questions, sorry, I'm kind of distracted today... haha! K, love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment