Elder Swartz

Elder Swartz

Monday, March 4, 2013

Nov. 19th, 2012


Elena Got Baptized!!!
It feels sooo good!! What feels even better? It's the first normal person to be baptised in YEARS here. Yep. All the people who have been baptized here in this city for the past while are all kind of... wierd... we love them of course, but the branch president was soooo happy because he finally has someone normal he can trust with calling. haha! The branch has really been struggling here, (mainly because it seems like a mental ward), so it's cool to think that we were able to do something to help actually further the ward. I'm not trying to say anything negative about these people, don't take it that way. If you were here, you'd understand what I mean.
Mary... I am officially and completely jealous that you got to go to Machu Pichu. That's always been the one place I've always wanted to go to if I could go one place in the World... Crazy! What's dumb is that they are shutting it down soon because all the tourists are corroding it. So I'll probably never get to go to it... sigh. oh well, you better have taken lots of pictures for me! Also, I got your letter! What's cool is that I also wrote a letter to Kevin that was super similar, and then suddenly, that week, I got your letter for Kev. It's cool how the spirit totally knows and will influense all these different people at all these different times because he knows how slow snail mail can be! haha! We need to have faith that the spirit will influence Kevin right as I send the letters to him to! Please pray for that!
That's pretty crazy that Twinkies are a thing of the past... Dad, what are you going to eat now? haha! ...But seriously...
So I got a package in the mail and It didn't say who it was from. It just said it was from home. I thought it was Rachel's package, but it was actually my Christmas package. hahah! You got it here quite early this time. I gues it's better than last years when I got it in like, March. haha! You just can't trust Russian Mail systems, can you. I opened it up and I saw the white shirts in there. haha! Thanks mom, I know you were trying to be thoughful, but I'm just about to give a whole bunch of my shirts away becasue I don't need them anymore. I'm glad that I have some more to give away though! It will make some members happy. I didn't open any of the others though, cuz I realized it was the Christmas package, so don't worry. I don't know what the rest of it is yet.
My comp's mom sent him a Christmas tree that you can pin on the wall, but he's new and all anti Christmas before thanksgiving (new missionaries don't realize that Christmas is a big deal here for the older missionaries because we all know that if you don't force Christmas to come here... it doesn't. That's Russia for you.) so I set it all up! Then I put lights all over it! It's so great! There was snow all over outside and we had Christmas music playing. Man I'm SOOO excited for Christmas!! haha! The snow only lasted a day, now there's just mud everywhere again. but the weathe should turn soon, and I won't see the sun for about 7 months! So exciting!
Well, that's about it. I love you all! I'm so happy to be here on my mission! I love this work soo much! It's so hard but it is so worth it!!
Love you all!
Elder Swartz!

No comments:

Post a Comment