Elder Swartz

Elder Swartz

Monday, March 4, 2013

Oct. 22nd, 2012


Hey everyone!

So I got the earmuffs, thanks mom. I really enjoy them, although since they don't exist here, everyone thinks I just have really wierd headphones on and wants me to take them off when I talk to them so that I can hear them. haha! 

So this week was good. We have a few progressing investigators! Which is awesome! Oleg and his mom Sveta. And Elena! they are all great, but Oleg has been doing some "research" and found some stupid stuff about us being Masons and us being controlled and world domination and stuff... haha! We talked to him about it and it didn't like it really shook him up, so that's good. 

This week, when I was on my way from Moscow to Kiev, I talked to this guy in the airport that knew English and he was from Venesuela. After a minute of talking to him I asked him if he had ever heard about our church. I didn't have my tag on because we aren't allowed to wear them in certain airports. He told me that he was actually a member for ten years and that he could tell I was a missionary, even without my tag. haha! He has been living in Poland for the past few years and travels all over the place for work. It was way cool to run into a member from Venesuela way over here in Russia! haha! Also. On two of the plane rides, I sat next to Japanese people and was actually able to express myself slightly in Japanese. With the first one, all that I could remember was Russian, but as I kept trying and as they kept answering, words kept coming back into my head. With the second one, I was able to talk to him a bit about Jesus Christ and I got his number and stuff to send to the Tokyo Mission. That was pretty cool. haha! Also, we met this way cool guy from southern England and he sounded just like the lizard offf the geiko commercials!! So cool! He had actually seen general conference before and was interested in learning more. Then we met these kids from Jersey who were going to Ukraine for the pentacostal church to do a big worship concert. haha! They were so cool, and they reminded me soo much of kids from Utah! It was cool to meet just good kids who were doing what they could for God. This week was filled with a lot of cool experiences and was really just a great week overall! Plus, I get to talk to Stas today and congratulate him on getting baptised and confirmed! I'm SO stoked about that! I love that guy! His family is so done for! (meaning, they'll get baptised sooner or later)

Thanks for all your emails and your pictures and your letters!! It really recharges you each week when you read them all! Really makes you ready to hit another week and want to try harder! Ya lyublyu vas vsyekh! Thanks so much for all your prayers as well! Please pray for these people in Russia! Many of them really have terrible situations in pretty much all aspects of life that make it really hard for them to even want to listen to us! Pray that their situations will change and their hearts will be opened so they can find the happiness that God is just waiting to give them!


Loves, Probably miss you soon.

Elder Skvortz!

No comments:

Post a Comment