Elder Swartz

Elder Swartz

Monday, March 4, 2013

Dec. 10th, 2012

Hey everyone at home! 

Mom! Right now, before you forget, add Brett Witaker to the people you email this email to!

Okay so there's a lot I want to spit out in this letter... First:

YEAH! Congratulations on your calls Tacey and Ashley!! Ashley, You have to put yourself opening up your call on facebook so that when I get back, I can pretend I was there a part of the experience! If you didn't record it, then do it again and pretend it's the first time! I won't know the difference! 

Also, Mary I know how you feel! So the big shifting in the MTC changed my return date to. It bumped it back to May 27th... Ewww... BUT THEN!!! I found out that the Russian laws for Visa's JUST changed and we are all switching to 3 year Visa's! And starting with my group we get a cycle extension on our missions because of the way the visa's worked out, so I'm actually coming home now on July 8th! Yeah baby!! That gave me a month longer than expected! awesome! haha! Sorry Mary, but I need the extra time to catch up to you on baptisms... haha!

So here in Russia, it still is above zero... no snow anywhere... well, where I am at least... Supah dumb...  All the Russians are freaking out because they think it's because Dooms day is on the 21st. But don't worry, it'll turn out just like that one movie, White Christmas!

I was way happy to find out FINALLY who Heather Married. Now I can look for his name on teaching records and stuff! haha! I don't mean to ask any personal questions, but if he doesn't mind, I would love to know if he baptized anyone in Ulyanovsk or 116. I loved Ulyanovsk. 116 got closed and now all the members go to Novokuibishevck branch, which is where I'm serving right now. The only people who are active from that area are Donora and Margo, the armanian family. They are wonderful.  Vova Orlov moved to America, he's going to BYU Idaho right now, Now Solnechney get's no members with a member present... haha!  The Zaharians are awesome, the dad is the branch president right now, and Anait's prices have probably only gone up since you left. Hopefully I'll be able to get something from her, but we'll see if I have enough money.

So this week, we met this girl who is wonderful, but she has a terrible life. She is 36 six years old, stutters bad, and has physical health problems that qualify her to be on pension from the government. She doesn't work, and doesn't study and has almost no confidence in herself. five years ago her father died, a year and a half ago, her mother died, and a year ago her brother died. She is now completely alone other than her cat....
...
...
...
...
Job?

She's accepting EVERYTHING though!

So, the story:

One day Elder Christensen and I are walking. Contacting, I should say... and we try to talk to this lady. "Hey, we're missionaries! We want to share a message with you!!" With her eyes looking everywhere, other than at us, she mumbles something so quiet and stuttered, I barely could tell she spoke. "Take this card with our information on it! Come to church!!" I say. She just nods, takes it and walks off. My companion and I think nothing of this at all. 

THEN!!!
...
...
...

SHE CAME!!!!

We're sitting there, and this lady walks in. I don't recognize her, but E. Christensen remembers! (What a champ!) and immidiately goes and sits next to her.  We get to know her and she stays for ALL 3 HOURS!! then afterwards, she takes Everything! Liahonas, FHE guides, Book of Mormon! She has such a thirst for knowledge!!!

We've met with her thrice. Each time, she becomes more open and happy. 
...
...
...
Then we're like "Get baptized." and she's all "Tots." (for old people who don't understand that, that means "yes")

So on Dec 29th, she's getting baptized!!!

Well.... That's the end for today! I love you allllllll!!! You should all write me letters! especially if any of you are getting your calls!!

Loves, Elder Skvortz!

No comments:

Post a Comment