Elder Swartz

Elder Swartz

Monday, March 4, 2013

Dec. 3rd, 2012


Hey Family!

So this week has been a really fast one. I felt at the beginning like it would be way slow, but for some reason, it flew by! That seems to be the theme of my mission nowadays. My companion always tells me I'm some old missionary... its freaky when missionaries tell you that.

So dad, you asked about my companion, His name is Elder Christensen, he's from texas and we get along great. We have a really fun time in Novokuibishevsk, even though people here are WAY rude. We've gotten used to it, but we went to another city this week and EVERYONE was SO NICE!! It will be cake doing missionary work in other cities after this one. haha! Which is wierd, because I totally got a baptism here. The Lord prepares people everywhere. 

We have this one lady we're teaching right now, her name is MArya, she is so wonderful! She always makes us homemade treats or juice. She has read almost the entire BoM already and eats up any pamphlets we give her! She loves the gospel so much, but she refuses to get baptised! haha! She just isn't ready for that change in her life yet. I'm positive she'll come around soon though.

Last night we were on a lesson with an old lady named Nadezhda. She's been a member for a year now. So she says the closing prayer for the lesson and my comp and I bow our heads. Suddenly, we look at each other and try hard not to burst out laughing. She is reciting the Lord's Prayer from Matthew 6.  We just let it happen though and we walked away from the lesson laughing. 

Is this one of those "Meanwhile in Russia" moments? I felt like it was.

Well, got to go!

Love you!

Elder Skvortz!

No comments:

Post a Comment