Elder Swartz

Elder Swartz

Monday, March 4, 2013

Jan. 28th, 2013


Hello family!
 
So this week, I was pretty sick until thursday, we finally were able to go outside to have a few meetings and we went to district meeting, but then, my companion started throwing up and he got the same thing! he's still sick, and I wouldn't be surprized if we didn't go out today. It's pretty bad. but it's been cool to have some extra study time! haha! However, I'm just itching to get out! Our area is dying and transfers are next week! We can't leave the area in this condition right before transfers! I think I could be leaving, but honestly, I don't really have a preference. I'd be fine with staying or leaving.
 
On friday, one of the only lessons we had, we went over to a member's place and she decided she wanted us to meet her daughter who lived in Provo, so she skyped her daughter right there and we met her! so crazy that we have that kind of technology these days! She was just a part of our lesson, half way across the world! What was even weirder was that in the middle of the call, someone knocked on the door of the daughter's apartment (in Provo) and it was Sister (Chelsea) Quinn! She served in Penza with me for several cycles in the same district and she went home in the summer. It turns out that they are neighbors and good friends. It was SUPER weird, but way cool to have her on the lesson with us as well! it felt like old times... kind of. haha! Oh speaking of which! Parents! I gave them your address and phone numbers and I said that since her mom was feeding me all the way over here in Russia, than my parents would be happy to have them over for dinner some time too! I figured it would be exciting for you guys because you always say it's too quiet or lonely with no one over. So don't be surprised if they call you!
 
That's crazy about the ice rain! That's only happened once here in Russia not too long ago and it was so weird. We were out contacting and we thought we were just wet, but we felt out jackets, and they were completely frozen. It was raining, but it was freesing on to us! And it was doing it onto the streets, but it ended pretty fast. It seems like it really must have been a disaster for you all! That's so sad to hear about everyone! It seems like there is so much misfortune lately! It was especially sad to hear about Brother Clark. He and sister Clark will definitely be in my prayers.
 
Rachel!!! You're pregnant again!?! Holy cow! That's so exciting! Yeah, hopefully it'll be brunnette! We don't need any more Mary's running around, not being able to get lids off of jars or check if they have cancer by hitting themselves in the face. (Just kidding Mary! I love you!) That will be fun to come home and suddenly have all these neices and nephews as well! That will be different... haha!
 
Man, so Sister Sartori called me to tell me that you talked with her about classes, Mom. She gave me permission to check my email tomorrow, but I shouldn't have to register, I'm on deferment. I did that specifically so that I WOULDN'T have to sign up for BYU again. I figured they wouldn't make the mistake of admitting me the second time around. haha!  However, if you need my Net ID and stuff, it should be on my laptop. If it's even mine anymore... my instincts are telling me that's already been snatched by David or Dad though...  About signing up for Scholarships, good thinking, but I have no idea how to even approach that... uhhh... and if I'll get permission. I'm pretty sure I'll get permission for it. President and Sister Sartori are all about helping us with that kind of stuff! Mom, if you could talk to some councilors at BYU or do something for me in that regards, man that would be sooo awesome! Plus, it would save me money obviously!
 
Okay, well, I think that's it. I love you all! I hope everyone is safe and doing well!
 
Loves, Elder Swartz!

No comments:

Post a Comment