Elder Swartz

Elder Swartz

Monday, March 4, 2013

March 3rd, 2013

Hello Family!

This week has been a fun one. We've been having some good lessons and we're trying to help a few people decide to get baptized, but they are still fresh and don't feel ready! I really don't have a ton to write home about... I'm glad that this week has been a good one at home. Seem's like Tiff is adjusting well if she's going on that many dates. haha! Tell her she at least has to put off her wedding until I come home!  Cool that Lone peak is doing well in basketball right now! That's exciting! 

Hmmm....

So I was at a member's place the other day and he jumped on to my facebook page while I was there. I felt weird... but I wasn't the one on it! haha! He only got on for a second to add me as a friend and I saw a picture of Ashley, Jamie, Kendra, and Lizzie all holding flags and books of mormon and standing in front of the Provo temple! I didn't have enough time to see what flags they were before he got off the computer, but if I'm guessing correctly... Jamie and Kendra need to write me. I'm assuming they got ther calls... Weird. Lindsey, if you even still read this, then tell them they better write me!!

As of late, I've really been thinking about how I can gain more divine light and it's been a really good study topic to dive into. I thought about this a while ago, and I may have shared this already with you, but I was thinking about it even more today and I was able to go deeper. If a person walks into a dark room, he has to touch things to figure out what they are. Unfortunately, that's a dangerous way to discover if you've wandered into the wrong kind of room.  A room full of hot stoves and irons is a dangerous place for someone with no light. Just like that, if we have no spiritual light, then we are wandering around without any sort of warnings as to what is important, what is desirable and especially, what is dangerous. we have to touch, try, and experiment in order to discover. Thanks to spiritual light, we can know what is dangerous before we get burned, or hurt, or trapped. Not only that, we can know what is desirble and important instead of wasting our time touching and feeling things trying to figure out if it's worth our while. I love a scripture I found, I can't remember exactly where, it was a while ago, but it said that whatever is light, is discernable. Whatever is discernable is good. I think it was something like that.  It's either in Alma 32... or maybe in D&C 121... I don't remember. Essentially, it goes back to the idea that the more light we have, the more knowledge we gain and at an incredibly faster rate. The more knowledge we obtain, the more we can love those around us. Without knowledge We cannot truly love because we cannot truly understand.  We cannot help. That's why Christ can love us like He does, because He understands. That's why He can help. Man, I could go deeper and deeper, but I don't have time... 

Looks like I had something to write about after all...

Loves,

Elder Skvortz

No comments:

Post a Comment