Elder Swartz

Elder Swartz

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

June 10th, 2013

Hey everyone!

So, I just got kind of interrupted by President Sartori calling me during email, so I won't get as much time as I had planned, I even tried to plan in more time today as well! Oh well.

Sooo... Elmira's still in the same boat... but her boat is sinking. She said she feels like her desire to be baptised isn't as strong as it was before, and she isn't sure if she wants to do it now. I feel like it's just her way of telling herself that it's not what she needs because she doesn't have any hope for herself getting baptised. We're trying to support her, but it is obvious that she's losing the spirit. I really don't know what to do about it... It's been really eating at me. I guess I just have to wait on the Lord. I think this is why families aren't forever outside of the covenant... so that the wives don't have to be hooked to some guy who loved alcohol more than them. 

Dad, I'm glad that you took Mary's threat/advice to heart and went to relax with Mom. I'm sure she really appreciated that. I loved the pictures you took! I feel like everytime I take a picture it never does a justice... I don't feel like you ave that problem with your photography. Rachel has got you on a good path! haha! 

So I had an interview with President Sartori this past week... haha! Oh man... If only you could have been there! It was very... not what I expected. It was WAY good, don't get me wrong! Really good info, tips and pointers that will honestly help me a lot. I actually really appreciated him talking to me about the stuff he did, because I honestly would have never asked anyone about it... ever. haha! Well, MAYBE mom and dad... but not even sure about that. Anyway, it was a great interview. I feel much more prepared for life. 

So essentially, satan's a jerk and he knows it. The work is going well, but the results are few. I couldn't ask for a harder/better mission. It's been what I need, and it's pushed me in ways I would have never expected. Looking back on it, I see so much more of what it has done for me and to me...

I'm really loving my mission, even though it's like a frustrating child... Even with all the gray hairs, I couldn't imagine my life without it.

Loves, Elder Swartz

No comments:

Post a Comment