Elder Swartz

Elder Swartz

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Letter #37

Hello everyone!!! 

So this week has beenso awesome! This entire time back in Penza has just been a desert for missionary activity... But suddenly, everything exloded! We have tons of people to work with and a lot of people with good potential. It's been crazy and really helped our mood about the work. We had president Sartori and his Wife come to Penza and help us on a lesson with German and Sergei. It was awesome. They can say whatever they want and the spirit will just back it up like a bulldozer. It was fun having them in town. 

I need to know how to make tomato basil soup. Mother or Rachel, please send me a recipe. haha! I am really enjoying experimenting with foods. 

So this week my comp and I had a really good companionship inventory. He is always so closed off to me and it is really difficult to know how to please him, but he finally told me things that I needed to know. now I know how I can do better and I'm so glad for the opportunity to change! He told me I was a bad leader... he "was right of course, but it still hurt." however, because of that I've doubled my efforts and I feel better about myself now and the work than before. (the increase in success is not a result from this, just to let you know, this just happened) I really like constructive critisism. It's better then them keeping it inside and bugging them the whole time. However, he's ready for a new companion and I feel bad that I couldn't be the companion he wanted though. Oh well, that's what I came on my mission to learn how to do, be a better person. I can't expect to be perfect all at once.

It's been so much fun being able to serve the Lord here in Russia. The experiences here are priceless and I am learning so much. Did you know the average person here in Penza makes about 10 grand a year. 20 grand is only for the rich people. And unfortunately a lot of people here don't make any more than 2,000 dollars a year!! It's crazy. It's humbling. I love it here. 

I have to go. I love you all!

Elder Svortz!

No comments:

Post a Comment