Elder Swartz

Elder Swartz

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

First Letter from RUSSIA!

Hey, okay, so I have like no time! haha! The computers are SUPER Slow
here, so when they say we have an hour, we have like twenty minutes
because forty of it is loading time! haha!

First off, I can take pictures of my emails and read them later, so
that could work. So if you have any thoughts or stuff, go ahead and
send them to me. Just don't send any info in it that I would want to
know before I email you back because I won't read it until later
obviously.

Sister Katie Nilson is the one going to Italy! Remember!? If you can,
will you somehow tell her family that I love them! haha! And that I'll
write Josie as soon as I can!

Okay, story time! So The plane rides were fun! I love the feeling! I
liked sitting next to russians more than Americans. I don't care what
other people say, the are nicer than Americans by far!! It's just when
you try get them to be mormon that they hate you. haha! People will be
so nice until you say you want to share a message with them. Then they
get really mad and storm off. I think they have just had so much
oppression that they don't like the idea of a religion or a prophet
telling them what to do.

The memebers here are SOOOOOOOOOOO The best!!! Really! We've been
blessed with the best members in the WORLD! Brother Aleksei Gladkov
was talking during the priesthood meeting and when nobody volunteered
to help the missionaries, he said he found talking to random people on
the street about the gospel frightening just like the rest of them,
but the Lord has called them to be our help and at this point he stood
up and pounded on his chest and said that he would shout words of
truth at whoever the Lord wanted him to! haha! I love him! I yawned
and he stuck his finger in my mouth and said that if you don't cover
your mouth that people will spit in it! haha! and if you whistle in
public, money will fly out of your pockets. The people here are so
superstitious! it's worse Russians than japanese people!

We got our time on the email extended, so I'm not running out of time
anymore... haha!

Mother, as long as you write letters before midnight on sunday, you
will be fine! I'm running ou of time! ahh! My comp is awesome! Elder
Blake Benham, went to BYU, from Saint George. Super obedient (District
leader actually) In fact, our mission has like ZERO trunky
missionaries! They are all Green and I love it so much! They all have
such a fire for missionary work and the are all super obedient! Thanks
President Bennet and also President Sartori! It's not that cold yet
here, probably like Logan weather. I'm in a city called Penza (пенза)
It's wonderful here! It smells like Cigarette smoke all the time! The
only time you are free of the smell is when a car drives by and your
nose has the sweet freedom of smelling car exhaust! The driving here
is fine, but in Moscow it was INSANE! Never will I drive in Europe!!!!
There are cats everywhere. MTC Russian sounds nothing Like Russian
Russian. Alcohol on the breath smells like Carrots. Babushkii (old
women) look mean, but they are really nice when you talk to them
(Until you try to give them a pamphlet! haha!) Everyone here has the
same like five names. Aleksei, Dima, Aleksandr, Sasha, and Vladimir
for Guys. Cvyetlana, Anya, Ana, Masha, Nina, Natalya, or Natasha for
women. haha! We didn't have water for two days (Going to the bathroom
was terrible.) When it was finally back on, it was FREEZING!!

Overall, I'm more tired than I've ever been in my life, not
physically, but mentally. Spiritually, it is draining and replenshing
all at the same time. Don't send me jeans, candy, scarves, etc. I
don't need it. I promise. (well, maybe letters or pictures!) The
Mission President and his wife are the sweetest people ever. I will
keep in touch with them forever. For Reals. K, я люблю вас!! (I love
you! [Plural])

Oh, Ochin Buistra! (really quick!) Двоюродная сестра кристий (Cousin
Kristy! Or is it Christy? Cristy?) whom I love so much! Many a months
ago you mentioned you had an old companion living in Самара! You HAVE
to tell me her information!! I WILL CONVERT HER! Horosho? Horosho!
Пока!

C Lyubovyu,
Старейшина Сворц

No comments:

Post a Comment