Elder Swartz

Elder Swartz

Monday, March 5, 2012

Letter #22 From Russia

Hello Family!

I'm glad you guys got the pictures! This next week you should be getting all the pictures that I've taken on my mission so far, so that will be good I guess... What you saw with me and the cups was not anything spiritual... it was a party... haha! An Allowed party! I promise! It was a branch activity to celebrate men or something because it was some sort of holiday that day that celebrated... well... men. We got an investigator to come, so we were allowed to come as well. Honestly, I had no idea what was going on, they just gave me a whole bunch of cups, so I made a cup tower! Apparently that is what I was supposed to do because I won. haha!
So It's been a week since Kevin was baptized and we're already worried about him. haha! He's still amazing and everything, but he didn't come to church this sunday and we found out that he had gone to his other church instead. Also, he has some hesitancies about getting the priesthood and it seems that he's still a bit attached to his other church. We're talking to him about it today. Make sure to keep him in your prayers! It's about 3 degrees Celsius today. Really warming up fast! So wet everywhere. I hate it! I'd so much rather have minus 20 weather! Then your not wet at least! But whatevs, this is what I signed up for! haha!
Also, I have been having some problems with my toe, it's been hurting and Sister Sartori said it's probably a problem with my arch. I need to figure out where to get inserts here in Russia... which will be difficult to find. Oh well, it doesn't hurt that bad. Too much work to do.
I feel like I get tired more and more every day. 8 hours of sleep is never enough. but it is so worth it! We're working with a girl named Anya right now, different Anya, and she's really accepting of everything. Hopefully she'll turn into something! Also, we found a guy who already has a copy of the Book of mormon in French and he reads it as often as he can. French is his native tongue, and he is from Africa as well! Apparently he met with missionaries a long time ago, but now he is ready to be baptized! He just wants to get his families support first. Which may be difficult.
Anyway, I'm out of time, Today was crazy and my email time got cut a bit! I love you all! Bye!

Elder Svortz!

No comments:

Post a Comment