Elder Swartz

Elder Swartz

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May 27th, 2013


Hey everyone!

So firts off, Happy Birthday Mary!!! S dnyom razhdenya!!!!

So, next... we went to Elmira to give her a present (we made their family peach cobbler) in hopes to soften the hearts of her family members... yeah... didn't work... Maybe if it was the daugter, but the daughter was gone with her boyfriend and Elmira's husband was in a BAD mood. She answered the door and thought it was so sweet we dropped by with food and invited us in... then the husband blew up at us. I've never been treated more like a dog in my life. He just acted as if we were animals that had wondered into his apartment. Pretty much threw us out, just yelling the whole time. Elmira ran out and talked with us to make us feel better, she said her husband had had a bad day at work and they were just working on replacing their shower, which had broken, so he was in a terrible mood. So much for being guided by the Spirit to come on a good day... After talking it over with my companion though, we came to the conclusion that it didn't make thigns any worse, and who knows? Maybe he'll like the peach cobbler... and feel bad for how he acted and next time he'll apologize and then get baptised... yeah... probably not any time soon... 

I really don't know what to do about Elmira. We're honestly trying everything possible. Other than Divorce. I don't think she has the guts, and honestly, I couldn't ask her to do that wen she still has a daughter living at home. That's not what our church is about. We want families to stay together and heal... She seems pretty worn down by this guy though. She tries so hard to serve him, talk with him, and let him know she loves him, and he treats her like dirt and ignores her.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'd love to see her get baptized, but the husband is not budging. As much as I'd love to say that if we all have faith, something will happen, but when we really understand what a prayer of faith really is, it is not to change the will of the Lord. I have to be content with His timing. Even if that means someone else is suffering and I won't be here when they finally find releif. Man, that's a bummer. I guess I'm lucky, at least I don't have to watch innocent women and children get burned because of their faith. I should count myself blessed.

This week, other than that, has truly been awesome! Although I am still sooooo far away from perfection, I can honestly say that I feel good with the amount that I'm pushing. There is so much I could do that I honestly don't... but I really feel like I can say that I know the Lord is pleased with me... at least at this moment... haha!

I love you all! I look forward to hearing from you next week!
Elder Swartz

No comments:

Post a Comment