Elder Swartz

Elder Swartz

Monday, April 8, 2013

April 8th, 2013

Hello family and friends.

This week has been an adventure. We were pretty much outside of our area the entire week on splits. First with the sisters, then off to Samara on a day train to go on splits with the leaders there. oh if you're confused about the sister splits... you should be. so were we. oh well. haha! It was really just us working all together for a day, knocking, contacting, meetings. pretty fun. Splits with the Leaders were fun as well, but because of all the hustle, we got 3 days in our area. Even then, we did well and we were just as successful as any of the other elders and sisters in our district. Yeah for an understanding Heavenly Father. Ha, so on the train, my companion had gone to sleep and I got up to go to the bathroom and there was this drunk guy who got mad at me... for... uh... being. and he tried to punch me in the face, but very much missed. But he hit my shoulder pretty hard. It didn't hurt, I was more just confused. So I just turned around and went back to my cabin and chuckled for a moment. Russia. haha! 

I love how Russia is two weeks behind everything because I don't get caught off guard with holidays or Conference! I get emails about how awesome it all was and I remember "oh yeah, that stuff exists" and then I am ready when it comes to Russia. Conference should be soon here, so I'm excited about that.  So right now our area is doing well, We really have some stud investigators and I have pretty high hopes for their baptisms. They may not get baptized with me, but I feel like it will happen eventually. I really feel like this is the prime of my mission. I'm not nervous at all about my teaching ability (finally), although I still have not Mastered Russian, I am rarely misunderstood. I feel like the spirit is guiding me and I feel as though I am seeing the fruits of my labor. I just received news that a girl I found and worked with in another city is getting baptized this next week. There is nothing else that I can think of that brings more peace to my heart than knowing that the Lord is the one in charge of it all, even when I forget that. Even when I don't get to see the whole scheme, it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. That's the whole point of our message, finding faith in things that you've never seen. 

So I'm really happy to say that... well... I'm just happy. I can't think of a better place in the world for me right now. Not Home. Not Asia. Not Disneyland. Here. My goal now is to come home on a stretcher from working so hard. I hear it happens. haha! Mary, push as hard as you possibly can to the end. I want to be able to say that I worked harder than you, but I don't want to win just because you slacked off at the end. (I'm absolutely positive that you aren't, but we're all human, right?) Yes. That's a challenge.

I love you all. 

Elder Swartz!

No comments:

Post a Comment