Elder Swartz

Elder Swartz

Monday, August 20, 2012

Letter #44 from Russia


Hello everyone! 

So I'm getting transferred. Like right now. I'm in Samara and i'm at this super terrible internet place... thing. But whatevs. haha! So I'm pretty sad about leaving Penza again, but I feel good about where I'm going. I'm going to a place called Ulyanovsk. It's named after Vladimir Ulyanov, or for those of you who don't know his real name, Lenin. He grew up in this town. I'm going to go to his house too, missionaries always do. Supposedly this town is the prettiest in our mission, it's supposedly a bit better kept because of it's famousness... I'm excited about that. Elder Ross is my new companion. He's loud, and really energetic. I think I'll like him. I can't really concentrate right now... There are Russians yelling at each other behind me and freaking out calling each other idiots. Wow... This is fun. I'll miss this when I go home.

Stas is definitely NOT progressing right now. In fact, he's completely digressed. He was doing so well, but then his wife walked out on him and he went into a super depressive state. We called him the other day right as he was standing on top of a 9 story apartment building contemplating jumping. It was super sad to talk to him over the phone... and super scary because he was in a really sketchy situation.  His life really fell apart. We were able to help calm him down though thankfully and he didn't do anything. Man... if people just excepted and lived the gospel of Jesus Christ, there wouldn't have to be any of these terrible situations... I wonder what my mission would be like if I were travelling all over singing to people and signing autographs and still somehow getting baptisms even though I was gone all the time... Yeah... who needs that.

I felt personally that we really worked hard this week. We pushed ourselves and we worked with members a lot to help our investigators. This week seems like it's been a rollercoaster week. One with really high highs and low lows. I'm really frustrated though because it seems like everytime I find someone golden, they are crazy or the go crazy because satan is working so hard against them! I don't know how to protect them from the world because I can't make their choices for them! I feel like I always get so close to a baptism... and then everything falls. I really hope it isn't punishment of some sort. I really hope this is just how things are working out... but then I look at all of our leaders and they all are such successful missionaries! I need to sacrifice more to the Lord. I need to give him everything... I must be holding something back. And because of that, He's holding things back from me. I'll figure it out. If it takes me until the end of the mission, then so be it! If I come home from my missionary having become a disciple of Christ, then it is all worth it, right? 

Love you all! Got to go!

Elder Skvortz.

No comments:

Post a Comment