Elder Swartz

Elder Swartz

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Letter #29 from Russia

So Privyet everyone! So this week has been such a whirlwind! First I want to say... I'm going back to Penza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SOSOOSOSOOOSOSOOOOO Excited!!! I love Penza so much!!! I'm going to be with an elder Named Elder Streebee (spell check?) I haven't met him yet... all I know is that he' quiet or something... haha! Anyway! I am so excited to go back to the Golden City! As much as I loved Saratov cough I am excited for the clean streets and the less threatening environment! This past week, Elder Dougherty and I were knocking and this guy answers the door with this super serious/annoyed look on his face and also... he had no pants. That was distracting. haha! His shirt was long enough, so who knows but it was still weird. But I just started talking to him like normal and he just seemed like he wanted to kill me... then I noticed that he was holding a gun pointed at my leg. That was odd... but I wan't nervous for some reason. Guns here are illegal, but I didn't really know what to do... haha! He looked with pretty cold eyes and said "Are you Mormon?" "Yep." "Are you American?" "Sure am." "...Good luck." He then put down the gun and shook my hand and took an invitation and shut the door. Elder dougherty said he was freaking out and had his hand on speed dial for the Zone leaders and was ready to run, but for whatever reason I just didn't care. haha! Then the next day, we were talking to this guy and this mentally unstable guy walks up to us and tells us to get out of here. We ignored him and kept talking to the other guy, but then the crazy guy pulls a switch blade on us and tells us if we want to live we'll leave. Again, elder Dougherty jumps back, ready to run. But for some reason I just thought it was funny. I just ignored him and kept talking to the guy, and the crazy guy walked away. haha! Pretty interesting. I don't know if it was the spirit of the Lord keeping me calm or I'm just stupid, but everything worked out for the best. So I'm really going to miss Elder Dougherty! He is seriously my favorite companion I've had so far! There was never even a moment of tension between us! Never a hint of frustration, even though at times we disagreed with how to teach an investigator or how to handle a situation, we simply humbled ourselves and solved it by listening to the spirit and worked out a plan that we both felt good about. I hope that I am able to work that well with most of my companionships. Normally you at least have a time or two where you are frustrated with each other or your pride gets in the way, but not once with Elder Dougherty! So great! I would love to serve with him again! I hope you all enjoyed the pictures! I'll hopefully send new ones again soon! Also, it's about that time that we need to organize our phone call again! So weird that it's already time again! Mother's day is May 13th I think? We can do it excactly how we did it before! I want to do it through Chris's computer again, because that one worked way better! So make sure Chris and rachel are there! Also David and Amber too! I want to see them this year at least! let me know some times that would be best for you. I can do it the day before, the day of or the day after. Just let me know! It's getting pretty hot here. We're all in short sleeve shirts now. It's incredible how fast the weather changed! I love you all so much! I'm having a blast and I am so worn out! I love you all!! Elder Skvortz!

No comments:

Post a Comment