Elder Swartz

Elder Swartz

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Letter #17 from Russia!

Hello Family!

I Got Transferred!!! So Sad!!! I knew it was coming, I just really didn't want it to happen! I'm leaving Penza!! A lot of the members were all mad and said that I should just tell them "no." I really love the members in Penza and I will miss them all soo much! I'll be living in a area called Volvzhki and although I'm sad to be leaving Penza, I'm way excited about this new area! My new companion is Elder Doherty or something... In the MTC, Elder Michaelis and I would call him Gunther because we thought he looked like Gunther from Friends. haha!

So I'm really sad I won't get to see Anya and Cergei and German and Jane get baptized... It's soo sad! They are all so close and I can tell they all are so ready! I love them all and am sad to be leaving. I didn't even get to say goodbye to Anya cuz she wouldn't anwer her dang phone!

Last night on the train an 18 year old kid knocked on our door. He spoke a bit of english and said he heard us speaking in English and he wanted to practice with us. We invited him in to our cabin and spoke a long time with him. He has a prosthetic arm, an earing in his left ear and is hired out by clubs all over Russia as a very popular beatboxer. He is one of the top ten beatboxers in Russia and he's friends with all the world champion beatboxers... and he loves God. He thinks smoking is junk and people who drink are trying to hide their problems from theirselves. We talked with him for a long time and he beat boxed for us... Holy Cow... it was incredible! He sounded like a radio just playing dance club music. haha! I love him already! He was totally up or meeting with missionaries again! I don't think I'll get to teach him, but if he gets baptised, I'd be so happy! Even if he doesn't I'm totally looking him up when I get home! He was really just a really sweet kid who was totally genuine and sincere. Although he was "famous" I guess you could say, he was just a fun normal person.

I love you all! thanks for the addresses! I'm really excited for this next cycle! Elder Brouckdskdkhousin is my Assistant to the President now... yeah!!

Loves, Elder Swartz!

No comments:

Post a Comment