Elder Swartz

Elder Swartz

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Letter #3

Priviet Moy Cemyu!

It does not feel like it has been four weeks here. INSANE! haha! But, actually... it kind of does. The language is going well. I'm not worried about it at all. I'm not good at it or anything, I just know it will come eventually. So, I've been super sick this past week with a nasty sinus infection that somehow turned into pink eye as well... it's been pretty bad. The doctor gave me a bag of salt and some cups and said to gargle every night. Thanks doc... So because of that, I haven't really had as much progression as I would have liked in the language and everything, but it's going well. I'm becoming better friends with CT. Collinsworth, haha! He's a cool elder, but I like the other elder's just as much. He's really no different than the rest of them.

I tried finding Grandma, but I'm right in the middle of class at the time she said she was available. I get out at 12:30 and go straight to that room, but I never find her. You should tell her to wait until like, 12:40 next time, because I can't really leave class early. She sent me the tide bleach though! It was through a package! That was great! I'm very happy to be able to have super whites again! That's cool Chris is in Paris! Tell him to have fun I guess. And it's also great you found his wallet! haha! The Lord is always watching out for us.
So Elder Isabell Had to go home yesterday. He is (well, was) an elder in my district, but he had a weird problem with his back, I think it was a slipped disk that was pushing up against the base of his spine, so he had to go home for surgery. It was really sudden. None of us excpected him to have to leave, so when we woke up and he had his flight plans and everything, it was a pretty sobering experience. He left that afternoon at two. His companion is now in a tripanionship and they all get along, but it's apparent that Elder Sprouse misses Elder Isabell. All of us in our district love each other so much, so it was hard to see one of us leave.

So we have this really funny sister from Finland in the district next to mine and she makes me laugh everyday. All the other sisters are great too! Sister Hooker is fun and she gives me updates on Taylor! And The other two sisters are great too! Thanks goodness for good sister missionaries! Even though we understand that we can't have any romantic relationships for two years, it's still great to be able to have them around! They can boost the spiritual level by sooooo much!!!

So At the Devotional on sunday, there was this great talk about a kid who was Japanese and was completely set on going to Japan on his mission, but instead got called to Columbia Spanish Speaking. Needless to say, he was very upset and he demanded his call be reviewed. The Prophet reviewed it and said "No, this is right." So the kid went to the MTC and learned spanish and struggled emensely with the language. Finally, when he was about to leave to Columbia, he demanded the prophet review his call again. It was the same answer. So he goes to Columbia, struggles with the language the entire time and doesn't feel successful at all. Finally, at the end of his mission, he runs into a elderly japanese man who says that he and some of his friends wanted him to teach them a lesson. He was Exctatic! When the elders got to the home, there were 65 Japanese people wating to hear the message, and since they had all been being taught by this man who had somehow obtained a book of mormon and taught them about it already, they all commited to baptism on the first day! Isn't that crazy! The Lord truly knows where we can be the most efficient and he will help us do great things if we do what he wants us to do and we go where he wants us to go!

My time's up! I love you all!

Love Elder Swartz!

No comments:

Post a Comment